Career History Timeline
Project Manager - Professional ServicesJun 2019 - Present
Project ManagerMar 2018 - Jan 2019
Project LeadSept 2014 - Jan 2015
Project ManagerJan 2015 - Jan 2018
Product ManagerSept 2012 - Apr 2013
Project Lead and Company DirectorJun 2004 - Mar 2011
Product ManagerJul 2001 - Jul 2002
Business DevelopmentMay 2000 - Jun 2001
Project ManagerMar 1998 - Apr 2000
Project ManagerSept 1993 - Mar 1998
Career Time Breakdown By Percentage
Career Time Breakdown By Number Of Years
Career History Details
Project Managing corporate clients on Behalf of Babylon Health.
Joined Reality Gaming Group Ltd, a start up organisation who raised capital in cryptocurrency through an ICO, to manage the development of the company's Blockchain platform. This team was dispersed internationally.
-Managed a software development team of 6 people, these were main backend Blockchain programmers and front end web developers.
-As the core development team was so small I generally did all project management, product design (including Wire framing/UX/UI) and documentation as well analytics reports of KPIs/ Metrics for the stakeholders.
-Organised, chaired and prepared the weekly meetings for the whole company.
-Agile Project Management
Project Lead for a VC funded digital marketing and user acquisition project that I founded and raised capital for. Successfully recuperated all the initial round of funding and generated a profit within the first year for the stakeholders. It was an extremely fast paced job where prices would change on a daily bases with profit being made through price arbitrage, I had to manage this on an very granular level with little room for mistakes. This lead to me working for Daedelus Partners, who were the investor in this company.
-Recruited a skilled remote team of systems architects, web programmers, content writers and content managers.
-Built high availability web properties that were capable of handling 3 million views/month and serving 30-50 million ad impressions/month
-Intense monitoring of data, KPIs/metrics and analytics on a very granular level and on an hourly basis.
-Turned a profit for the company through advertising arbitrage, buying low and selling high.
-Agile Project Management
Reporting to the Directors, led and delivered a number of digital projects (Mobile/PC games and apps) within the portfolio of this Venture Capital company. A hands on, challenging role requiring the proactive involvement with their portfolio of companies throughout the full project lifecycle.
- Budget control and responsibility including risk evaluation and reporting to investors
- Technical Auditing and reporting to ensure that the companies investments were following responsible practices.
- Implementing processes to optimise workflow and pipeline deliverables.
- Talent search and hiring of technical staff Stakeholder management at CXO level Mix of Waterfall and - Agile Project Management
Company was a part of Stillfront Group. Responsible for establishing a new team for a start-up project (Facebook app). Erepublik Labs abandoned the project a year later and I moved back to the UK from Spain.
- Recruitment and management of technical team
- Writing of all the design, wire-framing and documentation of the product.
- Establishing delivery process and pipeline deliverables.
- Agile Project Management
Company Director and Project Lead Founded the company to deliver mobile games and applications for larger corporations. Initially clients were local Spanish tech firms but eventually it expanded into the UK, US and Saudi Arabia. Over a hundred mobile applications were developed during this time, for clients like Electronic Arts, Taito, Sony Computer Entertainment, Endemol, Telefonica, Orange, Vodafone, Etisalat, Sun Microsystems and more. The company came to an end with the Spanish economy crash around 2009-2010.
- Average team size for each project was around 4-5 core people with between 2-3 projects in - development at any one time.
- Project budgets would range from between £60k-£400k for each one.
- Teams consisted of programmers, artists, designers and testers/QA as well as subcontracting and outsourcing to achieve scale where needed.
- My role was to project manage these teams and liaise with our clients, stakeholder management skills were key here.
- We only communicated internally in Spanish.
- Waterfall Project Management
Headed up the software delivery of a mobile marketing campaign for the original Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. An innovative project as mobile had not been used to market a movie like this previously.
• The team mainly consisted of programmers, technical architects, designers and technical writers.
• Core product deliveries were for telecoms operators, delivering WAP and SMS products based on movie licenses, mainly for New Line Cinema and Marvel Comics. This required much stakeholder Management
A startup where I was responsible for the sourcing of new games and apps for download through the company's proprietary games content portal called Freeloader. It was a site that adopted the free to play model where the main source of monetisation was through advertising, so that users would not have to pay to play.
-Sourced new products and managed all legal aspect to ensure that the product was legally able to be given away for free.
-Worked with the technical team to prepare the games/apps so they could be distributed in a downloadable format through the web portal. These were products that were developed in the 90s do downloadable distribution was never taken into account previously.
Managed the production of video games in partnership with Warner Brothers and DC Comics for the Nintendo Gameboy.
-Liaised with Warner Brothers and DC comics for approval of each software milestone. Adhering to their style guides and requirements was key to positive stakeholder management.
-Project Managed outsourced third party software development teams to ensure timely delivery of milestones until product launch.
-Waterfall Project Management
Part of the original team established to introduce the Playstation into Europe. Worked with renowned games development studios to create a brand new product catalogue for Sony's new hardware. Subsequently drove the development of multiple games products.
-Managed European language locations and QA of Sony Playstation products from Japanese language to English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. (E.g Tekken, Grand Tursimo, Ridge Racer and more)
-Liaised with Sony Japan, Legal and Marketing to ensure timely product launches
-Managed full cycle development of games developed in the UK
-Waterfall Project Management